fbpx
St George’s Church lies at the historic heart of Applecross. Built in 1935, it was the first permanent church to be constructed in Applecross and was originally used as a schoolroom, and for worship by all denominations. Consequently, it lies opposite Applecross Primary School, the grounds of which contain the equally historic teachers’s quarters and old school room. The church itself is build in the style of a simple chapel (reflecting its original non-denominational use), gabled at both ends. The exterior is painted brickwork, and the attractive front entry is made of arched dark red face brickwork. A self standing bell has been later added at the side of the building, which is heritage listed by Melville Council (ref AP07)