Our vision for NOMA is to create a place with refined architectural design, exemplary attention to detail, warmth and personality, taking inspiration from the western suburbs’ unique lifestyle. Drawing from Mosman Park’s rich heritage, natural environment and idyllic location between the Swan River and Indian Ocean, it has been designed to become an enduring part of the Glyde Street community.
Place integration and community benefit:
NOMA embodies Parcel’s vision for good neighbourhood development – a premium location on Glyde Street, exceptional connectivity and infrastructure transecting Stirling Highway and adjacent Mosman Park Train Station along with established character and amenity. Community is a key driver of the precinct design, both the community that will be created by its residents, the place design principles that help to enable and foster incidental interaction, and their connection and integration into the wider Mosman Park community of established local residents. NOMA makes a significant contribution to The Town of Mosman Park’s future vision for Glyde Street to become an active and sought-after street with new living options, improved landscaping and retail offering through:
• An architectural response that pays homage to Glyde Street featuring an elegant podium façade of warm timber and brick which evokes high street heritage
• Commercial and retail uses that add vibrancy to the street – providing flexible spaces anchored by NOMA’s high amenity landscaped courtyard space.
• The signature public courtyard blendling private and public domain – offering a communal space that can be used as an extension of the commercial tenancies as well as an informal leisure space for the community. The courtyard design centres around the sites signature retained Red Gum tree.
• A product mix that strikes a balance between delivering on market demand, whilst creating flexible and adaptable dwellings for a range of demographics. NOMA responds to increasing market demand for medium sized apartment product that enables people to downsize without leaving the area they know and love, as well as families and those looking to enter the market for the first time.
Architectural vision and ethos
Parcel Property’s philosophy is to ensure the design of every development responds to the character and identity of the area. Each is unique, and meets Parcel’s benchmark for quality design, amenity and finish. NOMA considers internal, external and community design elements in equal measure – ensuring a cohesive response across interior layout, building typology, community and public spaces and importantly, public realm. Designed by award winning architects Plus Architecture, NOMA’s design aesthetic is inspired by Mosman Park’s rich heritage, natural environment and enviable lifestyle – where warmth and personality is coupled with an elegant, refined style. It has been designed with the highest quality materials and craftsmanship – exposed brick, archways, timber and soft landscaping is a nod to Glyde Street’s traditional streetscape, with a modern execution that will bring enduring value and sense of place. Communal areas and the spaces which connect apartments have been designed with people’s everyday needs front and centre.
Landscape design and integration
Mosman Park’s leafy, tree-lined streets and open spaces are the inspiration behind NOMA’s landscape palette, which fuses indoor/ outdoor spaces. A signature NOMA element is the retained Red River Gum tree, framing the public courtyard and entry to create a natural, welcoming aesthetic and connecting the development with Glyde Street community life. Abundant plantings with variety of textures, colours and scents characterise the arrival experience, continuing through to shared spaces. Within the building at each level, view lines capture the northern aspect and signature Red River Gum tree canopy, continuing to life on the street below. Shared vegetable plots encourage communal growing and harvest, bringing the opportunity for social connection and friendships to grow. As one of the key communal spaces within the development, NOMA’s rooftop terrace garden terrace is a welcoming, soft and relaxing space featuring:
• A perimeter planter encases the garden, providing a strong connection to the ground floor through the implementation of coastal plant species
• Several gathering/seating/ entertainment nooks with raised timber plinths to capture views to the ocean, a day bed tucked away to the north of the garden, and a timber bench that allows for dining/entertainment
• Open space for flexibility/programming
• An outdoor kitchen under the overhead canopy, ensuring year-round cooking and entertaining can be undertaken
DKO’s interior vision for NOMA is to blend hotel luxe and practicality to deliver a refined, calm and timeless design featuring natural materials including stone and timber as a signature aesthetic. Three bespoke interior palettes reflect Mosman Park’s distinct character:
1. Sea – taking cues from Western Australia’s coastline, with tones reflective of sand and sunlight will take you straight to Cottesloe beach
2. Land – a deep, earthy palette add an extra dimension to the interior experience, through darker timber floorboards and finishes
3. River – evoking the Swan River’s natural setting through warmer tones and darker natural stone
NOMA has been designed with a focus on complete living – with every detail of a premium home considered to respond to different lifestyles and life stages. Each apartment sets a new level of quality in both spatial and interior design, with access to natural ventilation and sunlight for indoor living areas and outdoor courtyards and balconies. As the heart of the home – kitchens locate food prep areas and sculleries away from sight allowing the grand curved island bench, reminiscent of the NOMA’s architecture, to take centre stage. Bedrooms and bathrooms have been designed as sanctuaries with practical luxuries, abundant storage and a refined palette to calm and enrich the senses.
A unique feature is that each apartment features a ‘decompression’ zone from the home to the hallway with signature cabinetry providing a key drop, shoe storage, a place for your umbrella, dog lead and more.
All apartments feature Smeg appliances, timber flooring, natural stone and porcelain and generous storage options throughout.