Engineers Australia is celebrating its centenary in 2019.
The WA offices in West Perth were purchased in 1955 and opened in 1959 following refurbishment. It has since undergone a number of refurbishments. The building was originally named Science House until the late 1970s. As well as a private staff office, the premises house an Auditorium, Board Room and Lecture Room which will be open to the public during Open House Perth displaying old engineering artifacts, books and equipment.
Presentations in the Auditorium will discuss the history of Engineers Australia and their heritage program. Maps of walking tours and heritage markers and sites of engineering significance within the Perth CBD and local surrounds will also be provided.